Monday, August 16, 2010

trying to write chapter 1

So now that I've been shaken and flipped upside down and inside out, I've kind of got my barrings on reality and where my feet are, but where do I go from here?

I don't want to loose momentum and get stuck in the quick sand again. I need help. I need ideas, I need a nudge push or to be tossed in the right direction.

pause while i grab a glass of wine and a rice crispy treat
mmmmm

ok, so what do I do? How is it I go about creating a better story? I guess I need to get involved in something? where to begin? Is it going to be expensive? I don't have a lot of money...er, any money really.

I think about running a marathon, but 1. I'm very very out of shape. 2. what kind of story is that? That I can prove that I can survive exercising in San Antonio without A/C? I'm not doing anything except... running? Don't get me wrong, that would be an AMAZING accomplishment if I could run a marathon in my life...even another 5k. But what would that do? Who would I be helping? How is that a bigger story than myself? That story would still be about me and I need to be involved in something bigger than me.
Something that matters.

I'm not looking to end world peace here, just something to shake me up. get me going. a reason to...I don't know just a reason; meaning.

Don wrote about a few things...one was a bike ride across country for hunger or something like that...now my first reaction was "Heck yes!!!!!!" but then I think, 'would I ever really do that?'
He wrote about doing a hike in Peru and his new mentoring program.

I think of a lot of things and they are all romantic ideas, however what's the reality of any of them? I don't want to just talk about a change in my life, I want to get up and go make a change in my life. I don't want to keep sitting here and typing about other peoples adventures, I need to be a part of my own.

I'm taking ideas. Let me know of a cause. A challenge. no matter how big or small, I have to start somwhere. I figure the more people that know the less the chance I'll bail and become myself again.
Challenge me. Stretch me. Support me. I invite you all to get up and go. DO something.

So email me ideas and challenges. rhondaknunez@gmail.com

I'm very excited/terrified of the future. I have no idea where I'll be in a week, a year a month or even 3 years. But I'm anxious to see where this life takes me.

4 comments:

  1. Here's a biggie -- go back to school and get your degree. That's for you, that's a challenge, that's for real. Don't use the excuse that you don't have money -- get financial aid. Just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 in 60!!!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 60 in 60 would be a huge challenge! but i dont have the money to do it!

    school, is my desire. i want to do that more than anything else. As soon as i have 2,700 to pay off my current loans i'll be the first in line to get financial aid to finish. that's not an excuse, it's a fact.

    thanks for the ideas! keep 'em coming!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $2,700 - sell, pawn, liquidate everything of value you own, that you don't absolutely need. You will get it back later 10 fold when you get your degree and move forward with your life. Everything is within ones grasp who gives it ALL they have!

    ReplyDelete